Velandera has acquired assets from SWN Production Company

Velandera Energy Partners acquired the Union Parish assets from SWN Production Company.  Velandera is the operator of these fields, and is now responsible for making royalty payments.  Revenue checks for production months of August and September have been sent out from SWN Production Company.

All terms of the mineral leases remain the same and are unaffected by this transition.  All landowners should already have received a communication from Velandera, along with documentation and request for division orders.

Feel free to call us at (318) 731-0000 opt. 1 or email at

Common forms

Below are the most common documents for property owners.  For other documents and forms, please call our owner relaions department.

Documents needed for common situations

All situations

Landowners and / or their heirs must submit a W-9 form

Landowner sells or purchases minerals or surface and minerals


Copy of Deed or Mineral Deed recorded in the records of Union Parish, from last owner of record in the paydecks

Document must contain recording information

Landowner dies without will


Copy of Judgment of Possession that has been filed and recorded in Union Parish Courthouse


If no formal succession proceedings are planned, we can accept an affidavit of death and heirship (completed by a disinterested 3rd party) AND a certificate of death, filed together, in the Union Parish Courthouse 

We accept only recorded copies of these documents

Landowner dies with will

Copy of Judgement of Possession that has been filed and recorded in Union Parish Courthouse


A copy of the death certificate

In the event no formal succession proceedings are currently active, royalties will be placed in suspense until decedent’s will can be probated

Royalties can be resumed after a succession is opened and an executor has been named.  At this point royalties will be paid to estate with the open succession until the Judgment of Possession has been rendered and the succession closed 

Owner Relations Department

Owner relations contact form

The Owner Relations Department's number one priority is you. We are here to serve and assist interest owners with any issues or concerns.

We receive a wide variety of inquiries and requests daily, so please submit all inquiries and requests in writing or via email with the appropriate documentation attached. Along with those materials, please provide the owner name, contact details and the information on the property you own.

Email us at

Velandera Energy

7709 Louisiana Highway 15, Farmerville, Louisiana 71241, United States

(318) 731-0000 Option 1

Frequently Asked Questions


What is the value of my mineral interest?

It would be a conflict of interest for Velandera to provide an assessment of value for its royalty owners. There are independent petroleum engineers who perform this service and they may also assist you in the marketing of your minerals, if that is your objective.

When will 1099 forms be sent?

1099's will be mailed by January 31st.

Why is backup withholding deducted from my revenue check?

A valid Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number must be provided to us for reporting and identification purposes. If it is not, the Internal Revenue Service requires withholding of 28% of all revenues (30% for foreign residents) until the information is provided.

When are revenue checks mailed?

  • Checks are mailed out the last week of each month. If you are advised of a title dispute or adverse claim affecting your interest it must be resolved prior to disbursement of revenue.
  • You elected a payment type other than monthly on your Division Order.
  • Occasionally, payments are held due to matters which create uncertainty as to ownership, such as a notice of death, change of address, transfer of property, assignment of interest or legal dispute. Payments due are accumulated and released when the matter affecting ownership has been resolved. Inquiries regarding suspense balances must be communicated in writing to our Division Order Department.

What do I do if I did not receive a revenue check?

Velandera normally remits checks when the amounts due exceed $100.00.  If the check amount is less than this, we withhold the checks until the threshold is exceeded, but checks are sent at least once a year even if the check amount is less than the threshold.

Why does the amount of my royalty payment change from month to month?

Many factors may cause your payment to vary including, but not limited to market conditions, suspended payments, adjustments (including any overpayments or underpayments), fluctuating commodity prices, regulatory or contractual changes, production volumes, seasonal conditions and routine maintenance or operating issues which may affect the volumes produced from a well during a given time period.


How do I obtain copies of my Division Order?

Please contact Owner Relations Hotline (318) 731-0000 Option 1 or email us at

What is minimum pay, or minimum suspense?

An owner must accumulate a minimum balance in their account of $100 in order for a check to be issued. The minimum may be changed to $25 by letting us know in advance through email ( In any case, all accounts are released once a year in January to release all suspense, no matter how small.

What type of annual statement will I receive?

Owners will receive a 1099 statement for payment received in the prior year. 1099's are mailed out on January 31st.

What if I need an additional copy of my statement?

Please contact Owner Relations Hotline at (318) 731-0000 Option 1 or email us at

What is residue return?

After gas is removed from a well, it is then processed at a gas plant to remove the Natural Gas Liquids. The remainder product is refered as "Residue Gas". The Well operator will then buy back this gas to operate on site equipment.